Tuesday, October 17, 2006

One Day in History?


The National Trust (together with 'History Matters') has invited us each to write a 'One Day in History' Blog - the idea being to build a picture of an 'ordinary day' for the national record. Have a go here: www.historymatters.org.uk/output/page96.asp

Why does this happen on the most boring day for months? I don't imagine they would want entries that are this ordinary:




Went to town. Had Coffee.

Tried to buy some Christmas gifts (must get them early to catch the ‘last posting date’ for surface mail to the USA). Failed .

Tried to persuade myself to start clearing up the garden ready for winter. Failed .

Intended to screw up my courage to plan menus for impending visit of step-son, wife & 3 children. Failed .
Cleaned our bedroom. Succeeded at that, anyway


Attempted to write a contribution to the ‘One Day in History Blog’. Failed .

Do these people really want to know the embarrassing truth about my day?



Now, if The Day were to be tomorrow, well that could be a different matter all together: I might very well decide to go bungee-jumping, or white-water rafting on the River Kent.


Or perhaps someone will ring my doorbell and tell me that I’ve won the mid-week lottery - in spite of me having no ticket. (Come to think of it, perhaps I should forego the activities mentioned above - I’d hate to be out when he calls)


Tomorrow - anything could happen.

2 comments:

Livvy U. said...

I think you should post THIS blog on the History Matters site: it's truthful, it's what happened, it's about you - and it's ever so funny. x

anno domini said...

Thanks, Livvy. I posted a modified version to the HM site; rather more positive - and didn't mention the housework! (coward that I am)