Wednesday, April 04, 2007

An Easter Story

The Arrest of Christ. Fra Angelico


When they were small, my two sons attended a Church of England primary school, so were familiar with stories from the Bible. One day near Easter, I found them acting out a story they had heard at school. I gathered that it was a scene from the arrest of Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane, as it involved a lot of jumping on and off the sofa shouting, and waving ‘swords’ (plastic rulers)

I feel the message had been lost somewhere along the line, as after a while I heard the youngest wail,

‘That's it. I'm not going to be Jesus any more’ (He threw down his 'sword')

‘I want to be a goody





Happy Easter!



4 comments:

Livvy U. said...

Wonderful story a.d! Finally come back to you - well it's been a hectic few months. Like the look of the new page and it makes sense to make your address more in keeping... Always love visiting here, it's such an original blog.
I remember seeing Alan Howard play Richard II in a famous production for the RSC, at Stratford many years ago... my mother was in the company. I'll have to ask her now who played John of Gaunt.
Happy Easter
Livvy x

anno domini said...

Many thanks, livvy - sorry about your Mum; hope all goes well. I've been away for a week at my son's wedding - may post about it soon!

Diane Dehler said...

Hi anno domini,
You have many paragraphs on your blog and that is how you finish a book. One paragraph at a time. A book called, "The Artist's Way" by Julia Cameron helped me jump start my creative process and I actually finished a prose novel. I am sure that you could also if that is what you wanted to do.

anno domini said...

Thank you, princess haiku, I'll look into it.