Friday, June 29, 2007

Bags of Common Sense


I have noticed all the fuss in the press about this designer bag on sale at Sainsbury's for around £5 - some stores reported that they had sold out of the bags within an hour. The bag was then reported to be selling on eBay for up to £200

How about a little common sense.

This bag is supplied by our local Booths supermarket. It is made of jute and is said to be ‘climate neutral', and comes with a useful insert should you wish to use it for carrying bottles. And all for £2.49. I think it beats the designer version hollow!



Good old Booths! (n.b. no apostrophe these days!)

3 comments:

Rick Rockhill said...

I quite like those reusable bags myself. They make sense and are handy. I keep one in the car so I don't forget to bring it with me when I shop.

anno domini said...

Yes, I'm trying to do my bit for the environment. (and poly-bags are gaining on me! I must stop collecting them!)

TOMAS said...

We use the different bags in Lithuania, but the dependence of the cost of the goods on their popularity is the same. The unknown perfection cost nothing in the market. The sale is made by the names.